Monday, July 14, 2008

.
.
James at Just Me did a post today, June 14, on touch. Got me remembering stuff. Be sure to see the picture. http://mytwistedlove.blogspot.com/



Those two little boys are so cute.Think I'll call our adoption lawyer and bug him to get moving!!! He's very busy he says since wunnerful cali now has so many married gay couples. It seems to be a package phenomena... get married, honeymoon, find some babies!

I was slow in grade school figuring out the "touch" thing. My family is very tactile, easily express affection. I did not click that I liked boys THAT way until after 8th grade. I was sometimes teased a bit about being so touchy feeley, but I thot that the ones doing the teasing had a problem, not me. Being in many HS sports helped later on, by then I was popular and was accepted as highly tactile. I managed regular feels and hugs. Dan and I made a conscious effort to popularize guy hugs... extending the on-field/court embrace into everyday life at school. I remember one class with a very popular and "hip" teacher who had a lot of jocks like me and Dan in it. One time we got going on that topic.. big class discussion. All the girls basically told us to get over our hyper-masculine selves. Mr. Teacher reminded us how much we liked hugs, etc as little boys, and why stop now? At first it was sort of a joke fad, guys in our "group" would hug hello or goodbye when the whole group was parting, serial hugs. By senior year it was sincere and not awkward for most of us. At that school being progressive and comfortable with each other was the norm. Dan and I and several coaches would not tolerate "fag" jokes. Many of our friends knew my gay uncle who was not much older than we were. And one coach had a gay little brother. And when Dan and I came out in the middle of senior year we got teased a good deal, "Now we know why you like hugging so much, free feels!" ...but not at all in a mean way. This has gotten too long. Did not mean to hijack James' blog. Think I'll post it with Just Me as a cc.
.
.
.
steevo in cali
.
.
.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I love that! Lots of the boys at
the school I work at hug all the
time. There should be more hugging.
It's good therapy

I LOVE to hug!

HUGS!!!!

D. said...

i agree with laurie

*cyber hug* :D

dccised said...

get a baby girl from China. everyone else has one... except if you're in China.

Steevo said...

j:

I thot China stopped that, or maybe it was Korea. That has been a topic of discussion. We may be tending towards adopting a baby with health challenges. Not sure. We have to Consult around about that. Hubbby has excellent health coverage, and we could foster for several years w/ an option to adopt and get medi-cal health coverage prior to adopting. Also thinking of male/female twins... we need to find some blogs to see what's what. Hubby wants me barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen this summer [teacher vacation...].....

We keep trying, but no luck so far. LOL

steevo in cali
.
.
.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I'm a highschool student, reading through some blogs ^,^

I never see guys hugging =\

Could be just where I live.