Hydro cortisol is our enemy. Our brains secrete it when we are stressed. A little bit, as I understand it, is good... short quick boost to help us spring into action. I'm sure AEK will comment. But when stress becomes a constant factor over long periods of time hydro cortisol really messes us up. In many ways... we get physically sick, depressed, bitchy, furious, etc.
Dishing Out Healthy And Delicious Meals
-
People with a gift for serving up delicious-but healthful-dishes say it's
important to present food that tastes good, is made with natural
ingredient...
2 years ago



3 comments:
Corrections: Cortisol is made in the adrenal glands that sit on top of the kidneys. Hydrocortisone is another name for cortisol. It's a steroid as it's derived from cholesterol.
A little cortisol is necessary for our bodies to adapt to stressors, without it we couldn't cope. But yeah, too much = depressed immune system, a craving for really bad foods, etc.
aek should be a professor. i'm not kidding.
I played GRAND THEFT AUTO for
a LONG time and would put names
to the people that I would run
over or beat with the bat....
My son grounded me from the game...
Go figure... :(
Hugs!
Post a Comment